Pilgrimage tour in Tbilisi lasts several hours. This is a leisurely, thoughtful journey. This is an opportunity to touch the origins and achieve enlightenment where it all began. Excursions to holy places will strengthen not only faith, but also expand the horizons and enrich the inner world of man.
Excursion program of a Pilgrimage tour in Tbilisi:
- The Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi - known as Sameba, cathedral is located on Elia Hill in the historic neighbourhood of Avlabari. It is the third-tallest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in the world. The cathedral complex includes an underground section and integrates nine chapels, various supplementary buildings, and beautiful gardens.
- Narikala Fortress — an ancient fortress overlooking Tbilisi. Narikala dates right back to the 4th century, when it was a Persian citadel. Fortress is also known as Shuris Tsikhe (
the Rival Fortress), is an ancient symbol of Tbilisi defensive brilliance.
- Metekhi Temple – ancient monument and importantest church for Georgians. It's historicall place where you can see greatest views of old Tbilisi.
- Anchiskhati – oldest surviving church in Tbilisi, dating back to the sixth century. The basilica was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, but in 17th century acquired appellation of Anchiskhati.
- Sioni Cathedral - the residence of the Catholicos - the Patriarch of Georgian Christian is named in the honor of Jerusalem Zion. The cross of St. Nino is kept there. Sioni was repeatedly destroyed by enemies. But each time it rose from the ashes.
- St. David's Church "Mamadaviti" - the most prominent writers, artists, scholars, and national heroes of Georgia are buried here. It's a quiet and nice spot to watch Tbilisi from the height.
- The Freedom Monument – gold-covered, bronze statue of George slaying the dragon. The monument can be easily seen from almost anywhere in Tbilisi and is iconic to the country.
After many trials, Tbilisi was revived as a source of living faith and a storehouse of great shrines. This beautiful city is waiting and greeting pilgrims from all over the world!
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Qualified English-speaking guide service
- Tickets to Tbilisi cable road
- City tax
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Tour Length 6-7 hours
- Comfortable shoes
- Shawl for the temples