Vardzia and Rabat from Tbilisi is one day trip for people with limited time. The best way to visit the Vardzia monastery and Rabat fortress from Tbilisi is an organized tour. Even though Vardzia and Rabat day trip from Tbilisi will be a very long day, it is still doable, and you can rest and get a nap on your way back from Borjomi.
If you have an extra day, it’s best to allow an overnight stay in the area, or perhaps combine your trip with a visit to Phoka monastery and Paravani Lake. This option is popular with people who have unlimited time, and still want to experience majestic sights in Georgia.
We offer the tours without the entrance fees, caring for clients that are allowed to enter to sites & museums f.o.c. or by paying discounted entrances.
Excursion program of a tour "Vardzia and Rabat from Tbilisi":
- Borjomi resort – is famous for its mineral water industry, the Romanov summer palace in Likani, and the World Wide Fund for Nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi mineral water is particularly well known in those countries which were part of the former Soviet Union
- Vardzia Monastery – Most wonderful Georgia sight is Vardzia Cave Town. 600 caves are in surroundings, once were equipped with necessary facilities and concealed people from permanent foray. Dozen churches, monks’ cells, libraries, bathhouses and also sewerage were constructed. Vardzia has eight floors. Queen Tamara loved to spent time and lived in invisible town.
- Fortress Rabat – an ancient stone fortress is a cultural part of the city of Akhaltsikhe. The history of the fortress begins in the XII century, when Prince Djakeli founded here the first fortress.
- The fortress of Khertvisi is a majestic castle, which is mentioned during the Great Silk Road. Only Alexander of Macedon managed to conquer the impregnable handsome fortress. According to legend, it was in this fortress that King David IV the Builder consecrated future King of Jerusalem – Boduin II de Burg. He was the founder of the most powerful order of the Knights Templar.
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport service
- Qualified English-speaking guide service
- Entrance tickets
- Bottle of water
- City tax
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- The length of the program 10-12 hours
- Comfortable shoes
- Scarf for a churches