Full-Day Tbilisi & Mtskheta Tour offers so much in the way of history, monuments, museums and entertainment! As the hub of our country, Tbilisi is also an epicenter of current affairs, culture and politics. With this exciting day trip, you’ll see the very best of the Tbilisi attractions, from Sameba Cathedral to the Rustaveli Avenu.
What makes this tour so great is that we’ve done all the work for you! There’s no navigating confusing streets or worrying about how to get from one attraction to the next. We’ve carefully planned the route, so all you have to do is relax and enjoy the capital city!
You will be accompanied by a person who loves his country and traditions. Who knows every street and will show you our city and the sights with love. Each of our guides is a storehouse of useful and interesting information. It will not be just a walk, but a memorable adventure. In 5-7 hours, we will show you and tell you the information that will be useful in the first days of your stay in our country.
Excursion program of a full-day Tbilisi & Mtskheta tour:
- Leselidze Street and Baratashvili Bridge – in the past the street was called the Armenian Bazaar, then it was named after General Konstantin Leselidze. This is the main street of the Old Town. Bridge Baratashvili is considered one of the first bridges of Tbilisi. The bridge offers a beautiful view of Tbilisi.
- Rezo Gabriadze Marionette Theatre popular landmark in Tbilisi. The theatre and adjoining cafe are the must see and visit places in Georgia.
- Anchiskhati - is the oldest surviving church in Tbilisi.
- Metekhi Temple - a temple built on a cliff above Kura was the residence of Georgian kings. It was at this temple that Abo Tbilisi, the heavenly patron and defender of Tbilisi, died martyrically.
- Rike Park - most famous public spaces and is popular among both tourists and locals. Park provides a great view over the newly-constructed Bridge of Peace and old Tbilisi
- Narikala Fortress - founded in the IV century fortress, several times changed its name and appearance, but always remained a reliable support for local residents.
- Abanotubani - presumably here the city of Tbilisi began at sulfur sources.
- Fig Gorge or Legvtakhevi is one of the most historical places of Old Tbilisi. It is located in the Botanical Garden.
- Tbilisi Mosque - at this rare mosque in Tbilisi, Sunni and Shia Muslims pray side by side. The mosque is on a site dating from the 1700's but has been rebuilt many times.
- Sioni Cathedral - traces its origins to the sixth and seventh centuries, but has been destroyed and rebuilt many times, and what you see today is mainly 13th century. The cathedral was the seat of the ruling Catholicos-Patriarchs.
- Freedom Square - is the meeting point of two most interesting neighborhoods of Tbilisi - the Old town and Sololaki district. The dominant golden statue of St. George is visible from almost every hill in Tbilisi.
A short stop for lunch and then continue the tour to the most beautiful city of Georgia - Mtskheta. Here we will visit several attractions, and then you will have free time for an independent walk.
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral - the heart of Mtskheta. It was built in the 11th century on the site of the first in the state Christian church of St. Cidonia, built in the 4th century from wood.
- Jvari - stands on Mount Armazi. And under the mountain, indeed, the rivers Aragvi and Kura are rustling, merging with green streams
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport Service
- Qualified English-speaking guide service
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- The length of the program 7-8 hours
- Comfortable shoes