Day trip to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe is a mix of the ancient history and nature. Enjoy the views and ensure your camera batteries are charged. We suggest you to head to Uplistsikhe, where you can admire the natural landscapes as well as cave churches and underground cities. Absorb yourself in the local history, where you can see where early Christian settlements took up refuge in times of persecution. View the amazing frescos that they left behind in the cave like dwellings.
Our tour in Uplistsikhe require quite a bit walking on rocky or slippery terrains so comfortable walking shoes or sandals are highly recommended.
"Day trip to Mtskheta and Uplistsikhe" itinerary:
- Svetitskhoveli Cathedral – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral is key monument of medieval Georgia. The Historical Monuments of Mtskheta contain archaeological remains of great significance that testify to the high culture in the art of building, masonry crafts, pottery, as well as metal casting and processing, and the social, political, and economic evolution of this mountain kingdom for some four millennia.
- Jvari Monastery – gorgeous monastery is located on a hill opposite Mtskheta. You can be tired of seeing hundreds of churches in the Caucasus, but you will regret if you miss Jvari. This place provides you an outstanding combination of a stunning location, beautiful architecture and a journey in history. Jvari has a lot of historical significance for Georgia, as it was the symbolic place for the advent of Christianity in Georgia with St Nino planting a wooden cross at the site of an ancient pagan temple. The icons inside the church are priceless.
- Uplistsikhe cave town, carved into volcanic rocks of Kvernaki edge. First was mentioned in I century BC chronicle and reached its heyday by IX-X centuries. City fascinates with its unusual appearance.
- Joseph Stalin Museum in Gori - includes the memorial house where Stalin is believed to have been born, an exhibition building, and Stalin’s personal train car and personal belongings. It is worth visiting if you are really interested. (Entrance fees to Stalin's museum is not include in the price)
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport service
- Licensed English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of water
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- The length of the program 6-8 hours
- Comfortable shoes
- Scarf for a churches