Day trip to Kakheti monasteries is unique excursion in Georgia. Let our experienced tour guides lead the way! Hop in our comfortable car and discover Kakheti with exciting and remarkably distinct tour loops! It’s fun to explore Georgia on your own, but tour guides offer expert knowledge and connections that you can’t get anywhere else. To make the most of your trip, choose from the experiences listed here and see Georgia from a new perspective. An expert guide can give you just the insider experience you’ve been craving.
Seated not far from Tbilisi, Kakheti offers the most iconic landmarks and attractions of Georgia's wine region. Visit the most stunning churches and monasteries in Kakheti – Alaverdi, Gremi, Nekresi, Bodbe are must-see attractions for first-time visitors! Along the way, feel free to dig deeper into the city’s rich history and culture.
Come discover what makes Kakheti such a popular destination. Afterall, it’s the only place to get an unobstructed view of the Caucasus Mountains! Book your tour today for unparalleled sightseeing at an unbeatable cost!
"Day trip to Kakheti monasteries" itenerary:
- Ikalto Monastery - the first monastery in Kakheti, built in the VI century. The poet Shota Rustaveli studied here.
- Gremi Church and Fortress - royal fortress in the Georgian region of Kakheti. Gloomy and monumental, the castle is the one of the most visited tourist points in Georgia. The complex of the Church of the Archangels is located on a hill and consists of the Church of the Archangels Michael and Gabriel, a bell tower, a three-story palace and a wine cellar. It is surrounded by a wall, with towers and embrasures. The remains of a secret underground passage leading to the river have survived to this day.
- Alaverdi Monastery - historical religious and cultural site of all Kakheti. Here winemaking techniques have been preserved for centuries. The monastery offers a tasting room and ethnographic center where guests can taste wine in the authentic sites that hosted Georgian royalty and have been preserved by the monks’ humility.
- Bodbe Monastery - built in IX century and remodeled in the XVII, Bodbe Monastery is one of the most important pilgrimage places in Georgia, because country's patron saint, St. Nino, is buried there
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport service
- Qualified English-speaking guide service
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fees for sights and museums mentioned on the itinerary
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- The length of the program 8-10 hours
- Comfortable shoes
- Scarf for a churches