2 days tour to Svaneti is undoubtedly one of the best places to visit in Georgia. There is a vast range of attractions you can explore here such as Mestia, Svaneti Museum, Chaaladi Glacier and Ushguli village. A great escape for those travelers who are looking to take some time off from the city culture during their 2 days tour of Svaneti, the village of Ushguli is a must-visit. You can get acquainted with the culture of the highlanders, feel the temper of the locals, climb one of the Svan towers, and try the local cuisine. Svaneti is an amazing region with the highest mountains in Georgia.
This fascinating tour will bring you a lot of positive impressions.
Excursion program of a tour to Svaneti from Tbilisi:
- Mestia – is the best base for hiking and trekking and for exploration of Georgia's one of the greatest regions Svaneti. Despite its small size, the townlet was an important centre of Georgian culture for centuries and contains a number of medieval monuments, such as churches and forts, included in a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Svaneti Museum of History and Ethnography – houses historic artifacts from the Svaneti region, including unique icons and engravings, a rich collection of manuscripts, medieval weaponry, iron, silver and copper ornaments, jewelry, pottery, and a collection of textile items, ethnographic artifacts depicting ancient life in Svaneti.
- Svan towers – the symbol of Svaneti. Nowhere in the world is there an analogue of these unique defensive structures of the early Middle Ages epoch. Each svan house had a similar tower, which served for the families as a refuge in case of war.
- Hatsvali cable car – bringing people onto the Zuruldi ridge. Zuruldi offers breathtaking views in all directions and is an excellent place for a break.
- Ushguli Village – is one of the most attractive villages in Georgia. One of the region’s most remote outposts of Svaneti and Europe’s highest permanent settlement. From all sides, village is surrounded with glaciers and snow-capped mountain peaks. In Ushguli beauty and peace is around you and time loses its power.
- Lamaria Church – is located on the high hill, and it is surrounded by the fence made out of rocks. Inside the church, you will see a very interesting fresco of Jesus. Usually, the sun rays do not reach inside the church, and it is lighted with the candles. This fact makes the church Lamaria even more untouchable and mysterious.
- Chalaadi Glacier – this hike is a wonderful option for a day trip from Mestia. The surrounding landscape is just fantastic, especially on a clear and sunny day.
- Tour to Svaneti takes 2 days therefore it is required to be in fit.
- Departure to Svaneti is possible in case of ordering individual transport or aircraft, pre-booked option is the most preferable.
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport Service
- Qualified driver-guide service
- 4 wheel car in Ushguli
- Accommodation in the guesthouse HB
- Entrance fees
- City tax
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Meals and driinks
- The length of the program 2 days
- Comfortable shoes
- Hygiene products
- Windbreaker or warm clothes