Tour to Svaneti from Batumi is a place that you absolutely must visit during your vacation in Georgia. Svaneti may seem relatively small as compared to other region of Georgia, but that certainly does not mean that it has less to offer. Svaneti with its unparalleled landscapes and peaceful environments – has succeeded in becoming a tourist mecca that is at the same time not over-commercialized.
“Batumi Travel” offers you a fully packed day trip from Batumi and a fantastic way to see the world-famous Svaneti. Tour also include short, simple, yet very rewarding walk in Mestia, which offers phenomenal views to Ushba, Tetnuldi, and Layla. You will be taken on a four-wheel drive car (complete with knowledgeable guide) to explore the cultural sights of Svaneti. Don't waste your time. Let’s go.
Excursion program of a tour to Svaneti from Batumi:
- Dadiani Palace - a historic palace complex belonging to Georgia's famous noble Dadiani family, which houses a piece of the Virgin Mary's robe and Napoleon’s death mask, is being restored from its current state of disrepair.
- Enguri Dam – represents not only a hydroelectric station, but also it is one of the most beautiful and breathtaking sights of Georgia. As long as it is located on the main road of the World Cultural Heritage Monument Zemo Svaneti (Upper Svaneti), this place is very attractive to tourists and locals alike.
- Mestia – is the best base for hiking and trekking and for exploration of Georgia's one of the greatest regions Svaneti. Despite its small size, the townlet was an important centre of Georgian culture for centuries and contains a number of medieval monuments, such as churches and forts, included in a list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Svaneti Museum of History and Ethnography – houses historic artifacts from the Svaneti region, including unique icons and engravings, a rich collection of manuscripts, medieval weaponry, iron, silver and copper ornaments, jewelry, pottery, and a collection of textile items, ethnographic artifacts depicting ancient life in Svaneti.
- Svan towers – the symbol of Svaneti. Nowhere in the world is there an analogue of these unique defensive structures of the early Middle Ages epoch. Each svan house had a similar tower, which served for the families as a refuge in case of war.
- Hatsvali cable car – bringing people onto the Zuruldi ridge. Zuruldi offers breathtaking views in all directions and is an excellent place for a break.
- Ushguli Village – is one of the most attractive villages in Georgia. One of the region’s most remote outposts of Svaneti and Europe’s highest permanent settlement. From all sides, village is surrounded with glaciers and snow-capped mountain peaks. In Ushguli beauty and peace is around you and time loses its power.
- Lamaria Church – is located on the high hill, and it is surrounded by the fence made out of rocks. Inside the church, you will see a very interesting fresco of Jesus. Usually, the sun rays do not reach inside the church, and it is lighted with the candles. This fact makes the church Lamaria even more untouchable and mysterious.
- Chalaadi Glacier – this hike is a wonderful option for a day trip from Mestia. The surrounding landscape is just fantastic, especially on a clear and sunny day.
Tour to Svaneti takes 2 days therefore it is required to be in fit.
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Transport Service
- Qualified driver-guide service
- 4 wheel car in Ushguli
- Accommodation in the guesthouse HB
- Entrance fees
NOT INCLUDE IN THE PRICE:
- Meals and driinks
- The length of the program 2 days
- Comfortable shoes
- Hygiene products
- Windbreaker or warm clothes