Day Trip to Gonio Fortress and Mountainous Adjara | Batumi Tours
Unrivalled Value for Money
Unlimited free date changes for any tour booking. Your adventure will be ready for when travel resumes for the tour of your choice.
Money Back Guarantee
We understand that life can be unpredictable. You can now book with the comfort of knowing you have 30 days to change your mind.
End to end support
Excursion program of a Day Trip to Gonio Fortress and Mountainous Adjara:
- Gonio Fortress - is one of the oldest fortresses located 12 km far from Batumi. According to the ancient Greek legend, the name Apsaros comes from the myth of the Argonauts. The fortress was a powerful citadel of the Roman and later Byzantine Empire due to its good location. The rich history of the fortress still keeps many secrets and mysteries. So it attracts scientists and archaeologists from all over the world.
- Not far from the Georgian-Turkish border there is a small waterfall and a statue of St. Andrew the First-Called. According to tradition, he built here the first temple and ordained the first priests.
- The charm of today’s excursion is the Mountainous Adjara. Stop in the mountains at the confluence of the river Chorokh and Adjaristkali.
- Arched bridge – stretching over the unpredictable mountain river Adjaristkali, rise the stone bridge of Queen Tamara. The bridge, founded in the 12th century, conveyed to us his sad story.
- Makhuntseti waterfall pearl of Adjara, which falls from the top of the mountain in a huge stone bowl. It is difficult to tear your eyes from an unforgettable spectacle.
The company reserves the right to change trip schedule and sequence without reducing the tour completeness.
- Modern air-conditioned coach
- Service of tour leader
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
The cost of a group and individual tour
(All prices are per person in the group)
Contact us +995 555 905858 (Viber, Whatsapp). We will select the most profitable and reliable trip in Georgia for you!
Book Day Trip Online
+995 555 90 58 58 (Viber, Whatsapp)